Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ann Taylor LOFT



I love the LOFT! I noticed that their look has changed since I last worked there. It is a lot younger and their target market has changed; I am not sure if that is a good thing or not since their target segment was pretty large, 25-80 years old. I don't think an eight year old would wear what they currently are selling, but I do have to say I love the colors! I have been waiting for years for the LOFT to use the blue hues for their MAY look and finally it's here.

A lot of females are hesitant to shop there because they think it is a more older/mature store then they think, but really if you separate the pieces they showcase and pair it with jeans or a skirt, you can pull it off. I have a weakness for dresses and I have to say they have some great dresses right now.

On the other note, I stopped by the other looking for a dress and I have to say they have changed a bit. The old/new store manager doesn't work there any more, so much for trying to making to make the store a million dollar store... please go back to Calvin because you ain't got nothing on the LOFT! I met the new store manager and she is cute and cheery, but she needs to work on her sales associate. Not once did they welcomed me or asked if I needed help. Greeting clients with in their first minute, FAIL!!!

It's kinda hard not to critique the LOFT since I used to work there, but I always catch these small things. I almost bought a jacket for $30, but they didn't deserve my money so I left; there goes their conversion. I find it kinda bitchy to do that, but I just can't help it. Next time, maybe.

Aside from all that negativity, I love how visually appealing the store looks. They painted one of the walls a deep blue which makes the wall and the merchandise look more appealing. I can definitely feel the beachy look which is quite relaxing. Will the color change each season/month? If you are looking for inspiration for a new wardrobe, definitely stop by there...

Check their site out: http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/category.jsp?N=1200007&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=211&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_211&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true

Until next time
xoxo
Get your Fash-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment