Thursday, January 7, 2010

hello hello albertville... you failed...

Here it goes...

I went shopping all over town yesterday and it was fashionably fun. I had two reasons to go 1. ) exchange the brown knee high boots my sister got me for Christmas and 2.) grab a black sweater from Target that I have been dying to get.

I had to run to Albertville to exchange the boots at Nine West and it was a failure. I don't think I will be going back there anytime soon.

Store #1: Nine West, epic failure.
1. There were 2 older ladies (I mean 50ish year old) working who seem like they did not want to be there. How welcoming.

2. The store was boring? Where is the motivation at huh? I thought Nine West was suppose to be fashionable and appealing, FAIL. There was nothing there that differentiated itself from payless, wait, payless looked even better visually. (disclaimer: I still love payless, nothing against them... just comparing the reason why one is suppose to be higher end then the other).

3. With in the 20 minutes that I was there, they didn't even bother to help me. I wasn't looking for help, but taking the initiative to do so gives you brownie points. Plus, if you want sales, you better start working.

I ended up not returning the boots although I should of, it would of reduce their sales per hour, but no I walked about gracefully. JK, I made a comment about going to a more expensive store with better shoes to choose from as I left... sadden that I didn't get the boots I wanted, I treaded off to Charlotte Russe.

p.s Even their purses didn't look too appealing... they looked cheap for the price you are paying.

Store #2: Charlotte Russe, Pass, well sorta!

1. The store looked AWESOME and it made me feel like buying the whole store up. Visually it was real appealing. The layout looked good, it was organized, and I shopped peacefully. Kudos to them. I don't know why, but I always shop to the left first? Do you know why?

2. I found a winner... a cropped sequenced blazer that I have been looking for for the past 3 years... I saw the jacket online a few years ago but it was $300.... worth it? yes! got the money for it? No. Its just not any sequence blazer that everyone else who shops at forever 21 has, but it is THE blazer I have been wanting... and it was only 12$, so I bought it... love steals

3. There were accessories everywhere... You look up and its there, to the right, left, on the counter, dressing room, a whole wall, EVERY WHERE... gosh my weakness... it almost made me melt.... (sigh...)accessories

4. I don't know about you, but I have NEVER I mean NEVER seen anyone who asks a customer this question. WHAT?!@#@$Q$# you want a room, rolls her eyes while chewing gum and continues talking to her co worker about going on break before she looks at me again before she opens the door. FAIL! Luckily I had a whole arm full of tops, I am sure you know what happens after trying them on.

As I was walking to the counter, BAM! There they were and a pair of funky dramatic eye lashes, I just had to stop and look. .99$, that's the price of a McChicken! And just like, I bought them. I am going to an eyelash party in a few weeks and I can wear them to it. They are so dramatic, but that is the fun part! hmmm now that I think about it, I can wear the blazer to the party. YAY!

That concluded Albertville

I stopped by Marshalls in Maple Grove to exchange a sweater and I found myself another WINNER! By the way, the Marshalls there is way different then the ones you will see in St. Paul, unless there was a sudden upgrade over a week that I have not notice, but I highly doubt that. I highly suggest making the drive out there. Anyways... standing there beautifully, black, tall, and good looking... My boots... the ones I have been looking for... Chinese Laundry, size 7, and it fitted perfectly... I am in LOVE... (your lost Nine West) I slipped them on and walked around to test its comfort... PERFECT. I couldn't help it but commented to the boots about its perfectness, silly me. Have you ever felt so much love for a pair of boots...I have, I always do...but its different when you have been looking for months... I mean months for the perfect one.. For a good price, I bought them. It goes perfectly well with a dress, tights, accessories, I mean lots of it, and a cute hair style. Anyone can pull them off, just don't wear them with jeans!

After all that excitement, I couldn't help but finish browsing the aisle I was on. I must have been in heaven (if it exists) cause just five pair of shoes away were a pair of deep red pumps! I wanted those too! All this excitement made me a little embarrased of myself...breathe... breathe.. breathe... I am not too fond of round toes, but it had an edge to them... just 2 seconds I told myself. I couldn't help but fall in love with the large sized bow on the side buckle, the straps cross in the front, so basic but yet it talks to me. I didn't have enough money for both of them so I broke up with my 2 second lover and put it on hold. Sorry.

The last stop, Target, to grab the black sweater I have dying to get and miracously was able to find a top which reminds me, I have the next topic to my next blog, the secret of maternity tops. Any who, five hours and I am not quite drained but hungery. Ended my day with some bomb ass pizza.


p.s Target and Marshalls are larger stores where they aren't quite focus on sales, but being available to answer any questions guests ask, so I didn't think to anaylze them too harshly. Plus I was too excited from all the shopping.

Are you tired yet? Keep up... until next time, get your fash-on... XOXO




This is the sweater and the boots! Love em!

1 comment:

  1. aww ash you travel far...I had no idea there was a charlotte russe in albertville. must check it out. You should take pictures of your boots and post them.

    ReplyDelete